333 Kingsland Road, Dalston
In partnership with DCLG and The Benyon Estate, Thornsett secured planning for this development of 68 apartments, a new primary school and a commercial unit on Kingsland Road, Dalston. The apartments were sold to Dolphin Living, an independent charity and social landlord, who will utilise the units as part of their New Era Estate regeneration project. The new 350 pupil school was handed over to Hackney New Primary School. The scheme was designed by award winning architects Henley Halebrown. The school was completed in September 2019, to welcome students at the start of the academic year, and the residential component followed in May 2020. This impressive development was Shortlisted for the 2022 RIBA Stirling Prize (the UKs most prestigious architecture award) and has won a slew of awards – RIBA Stirling Prize 2022 The People’s Vote, RIBA Client of the Year Award 2022, Neave Brown Award for Housing 2022, RIBA London Award 2022, RIBA National Award 2022 and was named the Best PRS Scheme at the Housing Design Awards 2021.
Benefits for Client
- New state-of-the-art primary school for Hackney New School
- Land receipt
- Profit share
- Primary school of approximately 19,000 sq.ft.
- 68 apartments acquired by Dolphin Living
- Gross Development Value: £42m
- Mix of uses including education, residential and commercial
- Shortlisted for the 2022 RIBA Stirling Prize
- New 350 pupil primary school